Wednesday 11 April 2007

pens and skulls...

Been a bit sheepish in the tee consumer market recently, a combination of poverty, retail boredom, blahdy blah. Went to Debenhams recently to try & spend the gift card me mother had got me for chrimbo, but try as I might, I couldn't find anything worth buying. Get some jeans my inner monologue cried, tried on some Levi bootcuts, no good, made for guys with no ass. There was a niceish Duffer zip hoodie, all blue with a nice horizontal pin stripe, but by this time it was no good, my sartorial flame had died. Then proceded to lose my will to live in Leeds branch of Primark while my girl Martina, ran amok amongst the £1.50 vest tops & flouncy schmoks... never again Webbins... never again.



Still, some threadless action this week. I have on order 'Tools Of The Trade' by Olli Rudi, who seems to be flavour of the month. While not liking all his successful subs, I do kinda like this one, being a designer who uses pens as well as a Mac it speaks to me, & I'll look clued up round the studio.



Ordered this one too, but why is it when you think of doing a skull & crossbones design... threadless goes & prints one, always the bridesmaid & never the bride, eh? Anyways it's quite a striking graphic with added close-up jiggery-pokery, just wish it wasn't on red, man I gots my fill of red shirts even though it is my favourite colour, hey ho.

That is all.

No comments: